12Next

How to avoid scratches on back and front of doogee without screen protector?

Started By: gg_cqESG93 Started On: 2017-9-27 16:41:06
1665 11
Even though doogee mix is using gorilla glass 5, for some reason I have tiny scratches on my glass,so ordered a screen protector but glass protector leave huge gaps around the edges .so I tried to fill those with edge reversal liquid, it did work but SAD news is that screen protector spoiled look of curved screen and also was raises above the screen and we can feel its bump around the edges too.so I found a solution for it .using a nano liquid screen protector! This actually avoids scratches ,adds oleophobic coating and also you can't even see if its there on screen!
Only disadvantage is it is not impact resistant!

Vinjak
Gingerbread
2# 2017-9-27 18:52:08
Nano coating + case should be enough to protect it.

Another trick in keeping scratches away I learned over the years of using phones is to NEVER EVER take them to the beach.

A phone may be scratch resistant all you want, it can cost 1000$ or whatever, but just a tiny bit of sand will destroy it and scratch it up really bad. Not even nano coating will help you.

Sand > Hardened glass on the Mohs scale. And the softer mineral can always be scratched by harder one even if it's only a tiny amount.

Keys and coins can't scratch it, so just keep it away from sand and you should be fine.

gg_APPUT59
Global moderators
3# 2017-9-27 20:16:32
It doesn't mean that you have an expensive phone like for example a iPhone X means that you won't get scratches, from your situation, the bets thing to do is to be extremely careful, don't place your phone on sharp objects, or rough objects, but that would be really difficult to maintain. I would really recommend having a case in hand, that would pretty much solve it out.

Have a nice day!

Vinjak
Gingerbread
4# 2017-9-27 21:16:25
gg_APPUT59 replied at 2017-9-27 20:16
It doesn't mean that you have an expensive phone like for example a iPhone X means that you won't ge ...

With nowadays phones and their durable glasses it doesn't really matter how sharp something is, but instead what matters is how hard something is.

Try scratching your phone with a key for example. There won't be any scratches if it has gorilla glass/dragontrail or similar.

I keep my keys in the same pocket with a phone and don't get any scratches.

Sand is the number one enemy

gg_cqESG93
Honeycomb
5# 2017-9-28 00:13:55
On Linux tech tips he scratched the phone across asphalt ,which also contains sand! Only nano protecter scratched and after rubbing off that ,screen is scretch free!

Vinjak
Gingerbread
6# 2017-9-28 01:44:23
Well that really depends on the model/manufacturer of the coating. Some do that, create an additional invisible layer, and some coatings only reinforce the glass itself.

gg_cqESG93
Honeycomb
7# 2017-9-28 13:36:21
Yeah ,choosing better quality will ensure better protection!

Vinjak
Gingerbread
8# 2017-9-28 16:11:16
It doesn't have to mean any of those is better actually.

The one's that reinforce the glass tend to last longer, while the ones that peel off have be re-applied more frequently. It's a personal preference, not better or lower quality.

gg_APPUT59
Global moderators
9# 2017-9-28 17:30:18
Vinjak replied at 2017-9-27 21:16
With nowadays phones and their durable glasses it doesn't really matter how sharp something is, bu ...

Thanks for the heads up, I do agree with that. Also, I've noticed that your credits are increasing quite good! Keep it up and stay active! I'm quite happy to see that the forum is reviving, for good!

Homotoyosi10
Honeycomb
10# 2017-10-2 23:45:44
it's almost impossible but being very careful is an option
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now Sign in with facebook Sign in with google

Points Rules

International