Detachable battery is for me mandatory

Started By: founder Started On: 2017-10-9 15:19:05
1115 9
I made only one time the mistake to get a smartphone with not detachable battery.
It was in the US$ 400 range for a 2 years contract at my provider.

After 1,5 years, the battery was in a terrible condition. From 60% to switch off in a minute.
I looked how to replace the battery and found offers around US$ 55.

I looked for alternarives and found October 2015 the Doogee X5.
Why to pay US$ 55 for a new battery, when a new phone is just US$ 60?
I decedied to make never again the mistake to buy a smartphone with fixed battery.

But when I look at the offers of Doogee, the phones with better cameras
have all fixed batteries.

Why? Why not also a phone with good cameras and detachable battery?

Now are in the family 4 X5 max pro and I have 2 spare batteries and external chargers.
So when somebody needs 100% quick, just switch off, exchange battery, restart,
in 2 minutes to 100% charged.

gg_APPUT59
Global moderators
2# 2017-10-9 20:12:32
As of now, there is a limitation of what Doogee can make, good cameras might have something to do with detachable battery. Let me ask you, can you create a phone with a lot of RAM and battery capacity? No. If yes, your phone would probably become bigger than the S8, they need to balance it. Buying a new battery after 2 years is worth it, but not worth it if you keep buying every month.

I hope you understand, thank you!

founder
Eclair
3# 2017-10-10 18:57:41
The size for the camera modules are about the same. So no reason not to offer a phone with 4 Ah detachable battery and good camera

Homotoyosi10
Honeycomb
4# 2017-10-10 19:09:58
makes a lot of sense

bolumstar
Honeycomb
5# 2017-10-11 00:56:22
I use to be a fan of detachable batteries till I used THE DOOGEE  BL5000. I still haven't been able to run  it down within a day and it fully charges 0-100% in 120mins

gg_cqESG93
Honeycomb
6# 2017-10-12 11:41:50
Edited by gg_cqESG93 at 2017-10-12 12:00

Detachable battery have only one use,if phone hangs you can quickly remove battery, instead of waiting for it to boot,lol.other than that there is no use for it.previously we can use another battery charged as a backup,but now we have good reliable power banks,so detachable batteries are just useless now.not just that but to have a detachable battery we should have a detachable back cover.it is not a good thing either because more detachable parts = more replacements!non detachable batteries are thin as they don't require additional thick cover and also can save few mm in length as removable batteries need additional space for connector(open a phone with detachable battery and a non removable battery you will know what I mean),even though non detachable batteries also need a connector, it takes small space and can be arranged even in tight places like in between the ICS. In making new models ,every mm counts as everyone wants phones as thin as possible and as small as possible.

gg_cqESG93
Honeycomb
7# 2017-10-12 11:55:58
I am also wondering which battery costed you 55$ after 2 years,because I replaced batteries in few of my phones and they cost me only less than 10$!also people using phones for more than two years as daily driver is rare unless you buy a flagship model!

gg_cqESG93
Honeycomb
8# 2017-10-12 11:59:37
Check this,detachable batteries are not that costly now.

Even mix battery costs only 13$ and price will fall after sometime for sure!

Even mix battery costs only 13$ and price will fall after sometime for sure!

gg_VNkW056
Eclair
9# 2017-10-28 14:09:48
Detachable Battery is one of the good feature to if existing battery is not working then you can replace one.
10# 2019-1-18 21:38:37
Detachable battery is for me mandatory is an interesting thread and i am glad to see that you find a perfect solution. There are many best assignment writing services uk that tells us about how to come out of such situation and your way to handle it is so impressive.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now Sign in with facebook Sign in with google

Points Rules

International