yep, i have S60 and i'm somehow satified. So next phone from your workshop should go in these steps. But definitely some improvments will be handy
1. Features -- What features do you think should be added in our new rugged phone? Or how to improve the already exist features? These features can be helpful to your work or dailylife.
- current s60 has most of expected features, but you should work on:
* speakers - use both holes so it would be stereo (somehow) or at least improve output quality. It would be handy to use it as outside speakers and there will be no need of UE boom or other external BT speakers.... it is waterproof so listen to music in any weather
* camera quality or at least some sw features. HDR mode would be nice to shoot faster. Comparing to Samsung HDR mode, at S60 it takes longer time to shoot photo and if someone or something has moved a little, it is not clear. Some manual modes would be nice as well, like Burst mode or Time Laps mode ;), beaty face or modes in current sw are in my opinion useless. Never used anything else than Photo, Panorama or Video. Btw: keep panoramatic function as it is, its great to have vertical or horizontal panoramas. Maybe add surround shot function to create visualization of place
* try to improve bluetooth reliability - first fw was alright, but last one is bad (connect to half of my devices, it works befor with older fw)
* good battery life is necessity - the longer the better
* size of display is ok, maybe little smaller frame so it can use more of the front area
* keep volume buttons, camera button, but SOS or PTT buttons are useless for me. They are easy to press and if you dont use them its anoying that starts something you dont want. Maybe move power button on top or make some side protectors so it wont be that easy to pres and turn of phone in pocket!
* slightly bigger hole for head phone plug 3.5" would be handy - but at least keep this! dont swap for alternative connection.
* microUSB connector is fine
* keep wireless charging and NFC function - but solve somehow the heating issue with
* keep 2 SIM cards and extra microSD slot, dont force to choose between second SIM and microSD like some other companies....
* flashlight or diod might be handy to have on top of the phone so it will be used as torch
* IR port might be nice to have so It can be used as remote for devices such as TVs, xbox, DVD players etc., with built in programable SW.
* MHL function would be nice as well to use microUSB to HDMI cable
* fingerprint sensor works fine for me with S60 so this should be still there
HW as CPU, GPU, RAM - at least on the S60 level (no problem with speed), but if there will be some extra power or extra RAM, thats always handy
2. Structure -- As it’s a rugged phone, what structural design should be considered in order to make it survive from extreme environments?
* IP68 is good, as owner of s60 and couple falls, still working with small scratches and hits on sides
* no need of any tooo shiny materials, got silver version and that is nice and decent.
* any light material that will make phone lighter would be nice, it would sit better in car holder especially the QI ones
Maybe anwers to those 2 questions are mixed, but you'll understand
Looking forward to the result