Edited by gg_APPUT59 at 2018-2-22 19:05 |
PROOF THAT RECEIVED UPDATES AND THIS TUTORIAL WORKS:
After browsing the forums for the past 2 weeks of posts, there were mostly issues about bugs and updates. So to make this all clear, I want to share this simple step to help ease up those issues. Most people here ask for ROMs, updates, etc., without even checking the right section. There's a lot of threads posted every day and it's clogging up the forums. To hopefully help lessen it, please follow these steps if you have any of those two issues I have mentioned.
First of you need to get the proper ROM/Firmware for your device. I'll be using a Mix Lite as an example. So since I decided to finally backup everything and flash a firmware to my device, I headed to the ROM section. ROM Section
I headed down to the Mix Lite section and found 1 thread, I got there and downloaded the firmware to my desktop. I also have the required tool/s, which is the latest SP Flash Tool which you can get here SP Flash Tool
NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your device while you do this, do it at YOUR OWN RISK. Though feel free to ask questions or help. I'll answer them on my free time.
Once I've downloaded everything, I did the following.
1. Make sure you've already backed up everything needed to your desktop/cloud drive. I used this for my SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, and Apps to my Google Drive using this App Backup & Restore
2. Make sure USB Debugging is turned on your device, if not follow this How to turn on USB Debugging Mode
3. I opened my laptop and right clicked the rar file of the downloaded ROM from the Doogee Forums. I extracted the folder to the desktop for easy access.
4. I right clicked the SP Flash Tool zip file and extracted it to the desktop too.
4. I opened SP Flash Tool and right beside the word "Scatter-loading file", I located to the folder I've extracted earlier of the ROM I downloaded.
5. I chose the MTKxxxx scatter file.
6. Make sure the flash mode is set to "Download only" or you'll lose your IMEI.
7. Make sure your device is powered down and battery is removed for a few seconds if possible.
8. Plug in your USB cable to the computer while your phone is powered off with battery.
9. The driver should install.
10. After it's done, unplug.
11. Go to SP FLash Tool and make sure every box is checked and it is in "Download mode".
12. Click the Download button, just above the word "Download agent."
13. Plug in your device and make sure it is still powered off.
14. Wait for the flash process to finish.
15. Now enjoy and get OTA updates like I did. ;)
A friendly reminder, please, if your issue is already posted, don't bother making another one. It makes our job a lot difficult in checking every thread. Thank you.