Do you know the In-display Fingerprint Recognition technology?

Started By: bander Started On: 2018-3-2 18:09:52
946 9
QQ图片20180302173327.jpg

When you touch the surface of Doogee V, the AMOLED display generates light, lighting up every single details of the fingerprint.

The light, carrying the message of your fingerprint, bounces back into the CMOS sensor.

Once the sensor reads your fingerprint and recognizes it, the phone is unlocked.

To preserve the message on fingerprint, we use Olens layer under the AMOLED display to prevent signal crosstalk of scattered light, making sure the fingerprint can be scanned successfully.

Check below pic to know the theory and ignore my poor draw skill, please

pic.jpg

And check the video to know how it works in real:

ollim
Gingerbread
2# 2018-3-2 18:38:25
It saves space on the phone, but the downside is that you have to press the power button first to turn the screen on. With a dedicated fingerprint scanner like in Mix you can unlock the phone with touching just the reader. No need to mess with the mechanical buttons. But either way, opening the lock with fingerprint instead of a pattern or a pin is a big step forward.

Jalil_Irfan
Global moderators
3# 2018-3-2 22:27:10
i guess you have to do a long or hard press on the screen to unlock you dont need a power button be pressed

ollim
Gingerbread
4# 2018-3-3 00:14:23
Jalil_Irfan replied at 2018-3-2 16:27
i guess you have to do a long or hard press on the screen to unlock you dont need a power button be  ...

I think there is only an optical sensor for the fingerprint in V and that uses the light from the screen. So unlocking while screen is off would require keeping the touchscreen on all the time to detect when the finger is there. I don't know how much it would shorten the battery life to keep the touchscreen constantly on.

ollim
Gingerbread
5# 2018-3-3 00:18:00
There is something weird going on with the forum software today. There are some threads where I can see the first posting full, but all the replies are shown in a fixed size box. For example I can only see the first line of my reply above. Some other threads are working fine. Is it just me, or is it the same with everyone?

gg_APPUT59
Global moderators
6# 2018-3-4 14:40:10
ollim replied at 2018-3-3 00:18
There is something weird going on with the forum software today. There are some threads where I can  ...

Same with everyone. Hoping it's solved soon.

gg_APPUT59
Global moderators
7# 2018-3-4 14:41:04
I can't wait to see the Doogee Mix 3, 4, and V to be in action!

Also the forums has bugs at the moment about the reply button bug.

Jalil_Irfan
Global moderators
8# 2018-3-4 20:09:56
ollim replied at 2018-3-3 00:18
There is something weird going on with the forum software today. There are some threads where I can  ...

it was an old issue , informed bander before
now its happening again

gg_APPUT59
Global moderators
9# 2018-3-5 18:04:40
Jalil_Irfan replied at 2018-3-4 20:09
it was an old issue , informed bander before
now its happening again

It's all fixed now

Homotoyosi10
Honeycomb
10# 2018-3-5 19:51:22
Cool... very enlightening
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now Sign in with facebook Sign in with google

Points Rules

International