Hall in Display Settings

Started By: ollim Started On: 2018-3-30 00:21:19
1907 5
I was going through the settings of my Mix when I noticed something I had just jumped over before. In the Display settings there is something with the label Hall, an on/off toggle. I can't figure out what that is for. It does not seem to have any immediate visible effect when I turn it on or off. I can understand Hall as a setting in a surround sound system. I also know there are Hall sensors available, but they have to do with magnets and I don't quite see what one of those would have to do in a phone display.
So, what is the purpose of this Hall setting?

Jalil_Irfan
Global moderators
2# 2018-3-30 04:52:39
It is used to lock/disable the screen in smart phones whenever a flip cover, equipped with magnets, touches the screen.

bander
禁止发言
3# 2018-3-30 13:53:57
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

ollim
Honeycomb
4# 2018-3-30 14:53:30
So it is a Hall sensor after all. Does not seem to work with my belt case though. I guess the magnets are not in the correct position in relation to the sensor.

bander
禁止发言
5# 2018-3-30 20:51:31
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

ollim
Honeycomb
6# 2018-3-30 21:08:16
bander replied at 2018-3-30 14:51
you can use a magnet to test the sensor, close to the top area of the screen ( the left top I thin ...

Thanks! Found the sensor area. Top left as you said, about midway between the speaker and left corner. The magnets on my belt case are in the center and too far away from the top so they can't activate this feature. But it's once again nice to learn something new about my phone
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now Sign in with facebook Sign in with google

Points Rules

International