X30 stuck in TWRP after Automatic Update

Started By: chefconnor Started On: 2018-5-21 22:57:07
1227 5
Hi. I purchased an X30 and immediately installed TWRP on it. No problem, I didn't back up the data (or I just forgot where I put the backup) and everything worked okay. Yesterday I accidentally ran the automatic update, and now the phone is booting into TWRP recovery mode. I'm trying to get it back to a working state, either rooted or stock.

I am following the thread by Bander, 'X series firmware Download' and I used the scatter file from NeedRom, things seem to be working.

I can get all the way to step 6; the computer recognizes the phone but SP FlashTool gives no signs that is is flashing the phone.  In the TWRP screen the movement is a little choppy; I mention that only as an indication that some processor work seems to be happening. I've waited ten minutes without seeing a sign, but I understand that the process will take longer than that.

I am on windows 10, and I did the step to allow unsigned drivers.
I have pressed the volume UP button when I turned on the phone.

All I want is to be able to use my phone again, I don't need it to be stock, or to use a custom ROM. Whatever will make the phone work again. Thanks.
I have reposted this from page 3 of another thread. I hope that's okay.

fb_DKmbO38
Global moderators
2# 2018-5-21 23:21:26

chefconnor
Donut
3# 2018-5-21 23:50:06
fb_DKmbO38 replied at 2018-5-21 23:21
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=837773

I don't understand how that forum is relevant. I put it through google translate, there's no mention of my particular issue.

fb_DKmbO38
Global moderators
4# 2018-5-22 00:02:07
try flashing without the battery.

fb_DKmbO38
Global moderators
5# 2018-5-22 00:04:38
try flashing without a battery. And specify the formatting. so I had to remake my x30 after my micro SD

chefconnor
Donut
6# 2018-5-22 01:25:46
It worked! Thanks a million!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now Sign in with facebook Sign in with google

Points Rules

International