dimisand
Eclair
21# 2018-9-22 00:57:14
I need an official answer from an administrator or at least of a moderator. I own a Doogee mix 2 for that day 1 you released. I do not care so much for a rom update but  I feel cheated because there is not a security update all those months. The last security is from November 2017. If there is not any update in NEAR future. Then your arena dangerous company and I will use this forum to get together with other users to go to court. We will use the law against you. This is very offensive, unresponsible from a company that is supposed to respect it's customers.
I need an official response from the company, not just anybody from the forum

rnkavil
Froyo
22# 2018-9-22 01:58:35
dimisand replied at 2018-9-22 00:57
I need an official answer from an administrator or at least of a moderator. I own a Doogee mix 2 for ...

bruleo
Froyo
23# 2018-9-22 02:22:13
Edited by bruleo at 2018-9-22 03:37
dimisand replied at 2018-9-22 00:57
I need an official answer from an administrator or at least of a moderator. I own a Doogee mix 2 for ...

I'm not saying you are wrong with your concerns about lack of security updates, but you would have zero chance of any redress in ANY court regarding them.

Although I wish there was, in short there is absolutely no legal requirement for a company to provide updates of any kind to their phones unless they have a made a written statement to do so which would then form a possible legally binding contract in SOME jurisdictions..... even then, any successful court action would be negligible.

I would advise that if you want to make a case and make legal challenges that would have any kind of impact, you need to research the specific laws that are being breached, as just making unfounded threats isn't going to make an iota of difference to anyone. Taking your 'claim' to court would only result in you spending a lot of money and getting zero redress.  Believe me, I've used specific laws against some big players, including Google, two different national Governments, my old employer and several big brands (all using specific EU legislation related to the claim)  and every one was successful just by simply researching the respective laws and quoting those when making the threats.

All that said, I wish there were updates, but it is the lack of any official response from Doogee as to why there are none, is the sole reason why I won't be buying the brand again.

Arivanildo
Donut
24# 2018-9-22 03:47:40
I'm also very sorry to have bought the doogee mix 2, it was cheaper but the cell phone is weak, it heats up a lot the camera is not good and it does not update. Money thrown away.

dimisand
Eclair
25# 2018-9-24 18:09:15
Still no response. Is there anyone from the doogee company reading this forum? Or only users make the questions and users reply......

mfortuna
Gingerbread
26# 2018-9-24 18:56:05
You have only a soilution ... thrown away your doogee fakephone and buy xiaomi redmi note 5

Exactly what I did ; you spent less than for mix2 and you have on hand a really best buy for 2018 ... simply fantastic

Foregt doogee and never buy from them ; they are all liars

bruleo
Froyo
27# 2018-9-24 20:39:13
mfortuna replied at 2018-9-24 18:56
You have only a soilution ... thrown away your doogee fakephone and buy xiaomi redmi note 5

Exactl ...

My Mix 2 works perfectly, doesn't overheat and and I have no issues with it, so stop making ridiculous generalisations and calling everyone that disagrees with you a liar.

Constructive criticism would have a much better response and gain a little more respect from other users.  Respectfully, if you have so much against the phone, why waste your time here.

Overheating can be caused by lots of things and not just the phone, such as incorrect PSU, cheap cables,  badly written apps that have been installed, local power supply problems (ex. unpolarised supply)  and general mistreatment , so before apportioning blame and calling people liars without any justification, everything else needs to be ruled out.

My only issue is with the lack of real customer engagement from Doogee which I admit is appalling.

Atilla
Donut
28# 2018-9-27 19:35:44
Dear authorized, why don't the existing phones sync to the PC? PC suite-style program

bruleo
Froyo
29# 2018-9-27 21:42:44
Atilla replied at 2018-9-27 19:35
Dear authorized, why don't the existing phones sync to the PC? PC suite-style program

Totally not needed these days and why would you want additional bloatware!?. There are some great free third party apps that will do it all for you.  Try Resilio sync.

30# 2018-10-23 15:56:45
completely disappointed about the lack, or non intention to provide new updates for official rom ref oreo or newer. This is not the support we should have by you Doogee. You want users to purchase your devices but at the end you don't give them the motive to "spread" your brand around by your after sales support. Sorry!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now Sign in with facebook Sign in with google

Points Rules

International